Exploration for Additional Inferred Resources1
3D Resources Limited holds the Exploration License 5728 that covers 70km2 over the entire Adelong Goldfield with historical production of 800,000 ounces.
With some additional drilling 3D Resources also believes that it can quickly generate additional Inferred Resources for Donkey Hill, Gibraltar, Sawpit and some of the parallel structures to Currajong that are currently excluded from the resource estimates.
- Five parallel vein systems identified with 3 showing potential. Drilling to be undertaken.
- Recorded production since 1889 was approximately 10,000 oz at an average grade of 1.3 oz/t (41 g/t), with actual production probably much higher.
- A complex of reefs with a distinct NE trend contrasting strongly with the N trend of most of the rest of the goldfield. Old mine plans exist and digitisation of that data should aid geological interpretation and future exploration.
- Historical reports indicate that both narrow high-grade quartz veins and lower grade disseminated mineralisation was mined at certain locations along this trend.
- Specific reports on the Sawpit area record the presence of lodes from 1 to 6 m wide assaying up to 60 g/t.