The Halls Creek Joint Venture has been formed to explore 3 Exploration Licenses (E80/3370, E80/3517 and E80/3496) as well as the Mining Lease (M80/247), with 3D Resources owning 80% of the joint venture and Cazaly Resources Ltd owning the remaining 20%.
The primary focus of this exploration is VMS style base metal deposits occur in intermediate to felsic volcanic and volcaniclastic rocks within the Koongie Park Formation, and to a lesser extent, the Biscay Formation.
The tenement package includes the area surrounding the tenements held by Anglo Australian Resources Ltd(AAR) that contained resources announced by AAR at two deposits, Sandiego and Onedin, for which AAR has announces Inferred and Indicated Resources with a total contained metal content of 86,000t of Copper and 255,000t of zinc. (See AAR Announcements for details). But also includes the Mount Angelo North and Mt Angelo Porphyry deposits as well as several untested copper-lead-zinc occurrences.
Exploration work by the company and Halls Creek Joint Venture has included:
- Regional Helicopter borne Electro-Magnetic survey(HeliTEM) over the entire tenement package.
- An airborne magnetometer and radiometric survey over the majority of E80/3496
- An Induced Polarisation survey over the Mt Angelo North and Mt Angelo Porphyry deposits and potential extensions.
- An extensive geochemical sampling program over the majority of the tenements
- Over 5,800m of RC Drilling and over 2,000m of Diamond drilling on the Mt Angelo North and Mt Angelo Porphyry prospects
This work has outlined a resource at the Mt Angelo North project and a fairly good understanding of the resource potential at the Mt Angelo Porphyry deposit.
In addition to the known resources the exploration work has generated a large number of exploration targets that the joint venture is now focused on evaluating.